For workers, college or vocational training is not only a must for most jobs, but it is closely linked with higher incomes, increased consumer purchasing power, and improved economic health.
Four out of ten U.S. employers report difficulty filling open positions.
The unemployment rate for non-college graduates is over 3x that of college graduates.
By 2020, 65% of jobs will require some college education or above.
Business Champions are committed to helping more businesses build a next-generation American workforce.View more News & Resources
- Six Steps to Improved Employee Engagement - “Engagement” refers to employee enthusiasm and performance and, by extension, employee productivity. This white paper explains how career paths and credential opportunities can boost employee engagement. Download the white paper.
- The Hidden Classroom of the Workplace - In recent report from the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning entitled “The Hidden Classroom of the Workplace”, CAEL takes a look at how prior learning assessment (PLA)—the process of earning college credit for learning gained outside the classroom—can put employees on the fast track ...
- A Brief to the White House Summit on Community Colleges - As you are considering partnering with community colleges, check out this resource entitled “How to Create High-Impact Partnerships for Jobs & Economic Vitality in the U.S.” Realizing the full potential of our best workforce development tool, community colleges, is essential. Working together, leaders from community ...
To learn more about our work, join other Business Champions in our LinkedIn group, signup for our latest updates, and follow #businesschampions on Twitter.
Want to keep up with the latest news, announcements, and opportunities from Business Champions? Share your email to get regular updates.
Spread the Word
- By 2018, 63% of jobs will require some college education. #businesschampions can help their employees prepare. Tweet This
- If businesses don’t fix the skills mismatch, we will be short 5 million skilled workers by 2020. #businesschampions Tweet This
- 40 percent of US jobs stay unfilled because there aren’t enough skilled adult workers with the right training. #businesschampions Tweet This